Cilantro Lime Chicken-Instant Pot/Slow Cooker
- 2 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 24oz Salsa of Your Choice
- 1 Lime Juiced and Zested
- 1 Jalapeno, Seeded and Diced
- 1/4 Cup Water
- Half a Pack of Reduced Sodium Taco Seasoning
- 1 Can Reduced Sodium Black Beans, Rinsed and Drained
- Handful of Cilantro, Chopped
- Using at least a 6qt instant pot, add all the ingredients into the pot, except the cilantro. Close the lid, seal the pressure valve, then set on manual/high for 15 minutes.
- Once the time is up, allow the pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes (don't touch it), then manually release the rest of the pressure (by flipping the valve). Remove lid.
- Shred the chicken breast (either remove and shred in a kitchen aid or shred in pot using 2 forks) then add the cilantro into the pot. Stir everything together to coat.
- Serve in salad, with rice, on a tortilla (we heated the tortillas on the gas stove),etc.
- *In a slow cooker: add everything but the cilantro and cook on low for 7 hours, or high for 5 hours.