Honey Sriracha Turkey Meatballs
- 2 lb. lean ground turkey
- 1 cup whole wheat panko breadcrumbs
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ cup Sriracha
- 3 Tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. toasted sesame oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl (I use my kitchen aid), mix together turkey, breadcrumbs, eggs, green onions, garlic powder and salt/pepper until well combined
- Shape mixture into balls (I use a big old fashion ice cream scooper) and place spaced apart on prepared baking sheets lightly sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake meatballs for 20 to 25 minutes, or until browned and cooked through. (165 degree F)
- While the meatballs are baking, combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking continuously. Reduce heat and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes (the sauce will start to thicken) then toss with the meatballs.
- Serve immediately or store in fridge
- *I eat it over brown rice with any veggies I have in the fridge
- **Heating up: I put my rice, veggies, and meatballs all in one bowl and microwave for 1 minute and 45 seconds