Kevin’s Classic Molasses (Gingerbread) Cookies
- Makes About 24 Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Corn Starch
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ground Cloves
- 3/4 cup Butter, Softened
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar (Dark or Light)
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Egg (Room Temp)
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup Molasses
- An Additional 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar for Rolling
- Combine flour, baking soda, corn starch, salt, and spices in a large bowl. Whisk together.
- In a separate bowl, cream together butter and sugars.
- Beat in egg until thoroughly combined.
- Mix in vanilla and molasses.
- Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, stirring just until combined.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use cookie scoop to scoop out dough, form into a ball, and roll in sugar. Place on cookies sheet.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes
- Let cool for at least 5 minutes on the cookie sheet before moving to a cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week or freeze for up to 3 months.