Slow Cooker White Bean Chicken Chili Verde
- 2 pounds chicken breast, fat removed
- 1 small onion
- 2 fresh jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cans green chilis (4.5 ounce)
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 2 cans white beans, drained and rinsed (15 ounces)
- 1 (32 ounce container) of chicken stock
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon season salt, garlic salt, or salt based cajun seasoning
- Place the chopped onion, diced and seeded jalapeno peppers, and minced garlic in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Top with Chicken breast and spices
- Add undrained cans of green chills and salsa verde
- Add the cans of drained and rinsed white beans and chicken broth.
- Let mixture simmer on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Before you serve, remove the chicken breast and shred, add the shredded chicken back to the crock pot.
- Squeeze lime juice into the soup and sprinkle season salt, stir, and let simmer an additional 20-30 minutes.
- Garnish. We added cheese, sour cream, green onion, and hot sauce to ours. Lots of options for extras!